Answer Yes or No to the following:
- Is the work you do every day repetitive?
- Do you know the answer before you start?
- Can someone be trained to do what you do in a month or less?
- Is what you do something that any healthy adult can do?
- Does your work involve forms of any kind?
If you answered Yes to more than three of the questions above your job may not exist in 10 years.
You may need more education, but that would only be one means to the most important end: Find something you can do that few others can.
Become an expert.
Become an artist.
You don’t need permission. The only barrier is you.