In my opinion, if you are a small businessperson there is little difference between personal development and business development. The longer I am in business the more I see how critical creativity and general knowledge are. I am today probably a bigger advocate of a Liberal Arts education than I ever was.
Here are some of the things I do to help me grow:
- Read newspapers (Local, Wall Street Journal, New York Times)
- Read Books (at least two per month, one fiction and one non-fiction)
- Expand Your Vocabulary (there’s an app for that!)
- Do puzzles (Crosswords help with vocabulary. I avoid video games: a lot of time, little learning. But to each his own)
- Try new things (one per month – this month – Juggling. Miss Karen hopes I won’t break anything. My natural klutziness puts success in doubt)
- Try your hand at something creative (writing, painting, cooking)
- Take a class in something totally new (learn a language, photography, nature).
- Make better use of your travel time
What are you doing to better yourself today? Let me know!