For the record, I am no Pollyanna. Every day I post news items on LinkedIn and Twitter that I think are important. I am objective in my choice of articles. Cross my heart. But I can’t ignore the cold, hard facts:
- Sign of Spring on Pay: Real Wage Growth
- Spring Thaw Has Companies Hiring Again
- Headline for Next Friday: U.S. Private Employment at All Time High
- Firms’ Profits Rise to Record High, Outpacing GDP Growth
- Residential Construction Builds Firmer Financial Foundation
- CoStar: Commercial Real Estate prices increased in January, Distress Sales Declining Rapidly
- CoreLogic: 4 Million Residential Properties Returned to Positive Equity in 2013
- REITs’ Wallets To Remain Wide Open in 2014
- Trickle Of Jobs Returning To U.S. Shores Could Soon Become A Torrent
In 2008 and 2009 I gave several talks. I was very clear about the state of the economy and the state of real estate. To listener’s dismay I said, “It will be a long time before debt levels are paid down and an even longer time before the the real estate markets heal.”
Well, the time came.
Now in 2014 things are getting even better.
And 2015 and 2016?
Hold on to your hats.
– Bob Gagliano
P.S. The energy and technology sectors will outstrip anything we have seen before.
Like This Post? Share It!
The Property Prophet will take a break next week. Properly hiding Easter eggs takes time. The last egg from Easter 2013 was found on March 8, 2014. A personal best.
See you bright and early on April 24th!