Want success and happiness? Do these things:
- Say thank you.
- Be responsive.
- Be friendly.
- Take a personal interest in your coworkers and clients.
- Stick to your knitting.
- Not all work is right for you. Develop a list of professionals you trust and refer, refer, refer. The client you refer will be impressed with your candor and honesty, and the professionals will readily refer business back to you. Good karma all around.
- Admit you screwed up and do everything you can to remedy the situation.
- If you bring a problem to your boss or client, always be ready to offer at least one solution. Two or three possible solutions are even better.
- Have friends and hobbies. All work and no play makes [state your name] a dull boy [or girl].
- Email is ok. The telephone is better. Face to face is good. Breaking bread is best.
- Don’t panic.
- Doing good work and delivering on time is the best marketing tool there is.
- When you are home, be home.
- Write down your goals and review them regularly. You will be surprised how they change.
- Multitasking is a good idea when you want to do everything poorly.
- Anybody who says money isn’t important has never been without money. They are likely to be nice people but are unlikely to offer any helpful advice.
- Intuition is more important than you think.
- If your first encounter with a potential client is problematic, rest assured that it will not get better. And you probably won’t get paid.
- Ruthlessly remove negative people from your life.
- Don’t dump your problems on others and don’t allow others to dump their problems on you.
- Be cautious about your news intake. There is very little you can do, except the things listed above.
– Bob Gagliano
Like This Post? Share It!