I have received a lot of great feedback about the Property Prophet blog. Thanks to all of you for your support and kind words.
And thanks to those who have disagreed with me. At least I know you are reading! And with adequate therapy, my doctor says that the facial tick will stop. Or be less noticeable.
But even the wellest of the well-wishers have the same question, “Do you write the Property Prophet yourself? I mean, I have known you for years and you seem to be a few digits short of a telephone number.”
Do I write it? Who else would be fool enough to make up names like Big Artie and Little Artie and (accidentally and innocently) poke his nose into a hornets nest full of angry historic preservationists? Who else would be loopy enough to publish photos of grown men dressed like the Statue of Liberty? Claim that unpitted olives are like faded paint? Mention monkeys, both Adam Scotts (the actor and the golfer) and semi-custom online clothing in the same article?
Now that I read this it sounds like there is an episode of The Land of the Lost playing in my cranium.
The problem with ghostwriters is that they churn out content that’s just not, well, interesting. Like these energy-saving tips from the U.S. Department of Energy:
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Air dry clothes.
- Check to see that windows and doors are closed when heating or cooling your home.
- Drive sensibly; aggressive driving such as speeding, and rapid acceleration and braking, wastes fuel.
Where I usually end up with something like this:
Energy-Saving Tips from the Property Prophet!
- Modern fluorescent bulbs burn cool and can save you pennies over the life of the bulb. Sure they make you look like a vampire, but vampires are cool right now.
- Weatherstripping. ‘Nuff said….
- Be sure to turn off your iron lung when you leave the room.
- Which is more energy efficient, natural gas or jumping jacks? You may be surprised!
- Cold showers: not just for bachelors anymore.
See the difference?
– Bob Gagliano